Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
For the event, Quanser teamed up with Teoresi , our distributor in Italy. Product manager Enzo Bergamini from Teoresi, application engineer Michel Levis and channel sales director Martin Lord, both from Quanser, were present at the event.
Our booth was very popular – we had our haptic Telesurgery demonstration system, which included one 6DOF Mirage haptic robot and one 5DOF industrial robot, all controlled from a single PC running Simulink and Quanser’s own WinCon.
The standard demo was to sign one’s name on a sheet of paper secured on a soft sponge, but since we had the right audience, we even experimented with pear surgery!
On video we showed an application of haptics in rehabilitation with a 2DOF robot that we are developing in conjunction with the University of Toronto and the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute. You will certainly hear more about this project in the near future.
A beautiful setting indeed – we hope to come back! “Thank you” to the organizing committee for its support during that event.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Yildiz Technical University, Electrical & Electronics Faculty
Department of Electrical Engineering – Control Systems Division
34349 Yildiz / ISTANBUL
Position : Dean of the Electrical & Electronics Faculty - YTU
Teaching and Research Areas
- Fuzzy Logic Control of Continuous Processes
- Adaptive Control for Industrial Control and Automation Applications
- Robust Control for Industrial Control and Automation Applications.
- PLC Applications for Automation Systems
- Building Automation Systems
- SCADA and Process Control Applications
- Digital Systems
- Design of Digital Systems
- Automatic Control
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Process Control and Instrumentation
- Microprocessors and Their Industrial Applications
- Instrumentation and System Control
- Fuzzy Logic Control and It’s Industrial Applications
- Dynamic Modelling of the Engineering Systems
- Petri Net Based Supervisor Design for Discrete Event Systems
- Machinery Automation
- Microcontroller Based Machine Control
-Head of Control and Command Systems Division.
- Head of Control and Automation Program in Institute for Graduate Studies in Science and Engineering.
- Member of Advisory Board at the Journal of Elevator World
- Member of Publication Committee at the Journal of Industrial and Automation
The Advantages of the Quanser Plants:
We have obtained double inverted pendulum and ball – beam experimental setups from your products for our control system design laboratory. Your installation manual is very clear to understand and very helpful for us that’s why we didn’t run into any difficulties while we were installing the devices.
In addition to this your detailed documents for students and instructors about experimental work showed us a good way to prepare our laboratory hand-outs. Our instructors can do more than one experiment with same Quanser device by the flexibility feature of your devices. Therefore variety of our experiments was increased.
Also your plants are very suitable for advance users who are the students of our graduate programs. Their simulation results were came to experimental results by the help of your products.
To sum up Quanser products are very helpful to analyze the basic control problems. They filled all the gap of our control system laboratory like we thought. I wish you all the best in your works.
- Ayça Gökhan AK, Galip Cansever,“ Fuzzy Sliding Mode Con tr oller with RBF Neural Network for Robotic Manipulator Trajectory Tracking” 16-19 August 2006 Kunming-China, International Conference on Intelligent Computing. Lecture Notes in Con tr ol and Information Sciences (LNCIS).
- Beril Karagenç, Nimet Gençoğlu, Mustafa Ersoy, Galip Cansever and Güven Külekçi“ A Comparison of four Different Microleakage tests for Assessment of Leakage of Root Canal Fillings ”, Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, In Pres.2006
- A. Delibasi, I. B. Kucukdemiral, G. Cansever, “A Novel Variable Structure Based Adaptive Control with Disturbance Estimation for an Anthropomorphic Robot Manipulator” (to appear)
- G. Cansever and I. B. Kucukdemiral, “A new approach to supervisor design with sequential control petri-net using minimization technique for discrete event system,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 29, pp. 1267–1277, 2006.
- I.B. Kucukdemiral, S.N. Engin, V.E. Omurlu, G. Cansever, “A Robust Single Input Adaptive Sliding Mode Fuzzy Logic Controller for Automotive - Active Suspension System”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3613, Jul 2005, pp.981 - 986
- Seydi Vakkas ÜSTÜN , Galip CANSEVER, “ Tuning of PI Controller Coefficients Using Genetic Algorithms and Artificial Neural Network” Intelligent Engineering Systems Through Artificial Neural Networks; Smart Engineering System Design. ASME Pres Volume 11 New-York, pp:527, 2001
- Galip CANSEVER, Ş-N.ENGlN, O. F. ÖZGÜVEN, M. UZAM , "Fuzzy Logic Controller in Modern Control System: An industrial Application" , Advanced in Modeling and Analysis, Vol 43, No: l, pp 41-63 (23 pages), 1994
- Galip CANSEVER, H. Şeker, Beyhan Kılıç, " Electrical Modeling and Simulating of the Respiration System", Modeling, Measurements and Control, C, AMSE Press, Vol 44, No: 4, pp 19-37 (19 pages), 1994.
Prof. Dr. Galip CANSEVER
Friday, October 5, 2007
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering and Architecture,
University of Selçuk,
Alaeddin Keykubat Campus,
42079 Konya, TURKEY
Teaching and Research Areas
Mechanical Vibrations, System Dynamics, Automatic Control, Robotics, Mechanisms, Machine Dynamic, Fuzzy Logic Control In General And Fuzzy Robot Control In Particular, Application Of Artificial Intelligence Techniques In Robotics, Modelling And Simulation Of Robots, Control And Dynamic Of Robot Manipulator With Elalastic Arm.
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Selçuk, 1990.
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Selçuk, 1993.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Selçuk, 1998.
Professional Society Affiliations
Chairman, branch of Konya, chamber of mechanical engineers, union of chambers of turkish engineers and architects.
Teaching and Research doing with Quanser’s Product
Control, dynamic modelling and simulation of robot manipulators with elalastic arm.
Advantages of Quanser’s Product
· Everything is ready to research and teach. We didn’t struggle to combine the component of experimental devices we need. We only run it. Our job is not to make experimental device, but it is to do research and teach. For this reason, Quanser’s product was very simplicity for us.
· Using the Quanser Flexible Link, we can easily do dynamical modeling and control of flexible robot arms.
· We can use the Quanser’s universal power supply and DAQ card in other applications, that is a big advantage for us.
· We can apply complex control strategies quickly and effectively.
· To be able to easily verify the theoritical results on the real plant improves the quality of the education.
Photos of Professor in laboratuary
1. Kalyoncu, M., Botsalı, F. M., “Vibration Analysis Of An Elastic Robot Manipulator With Prismatic Joint And A Time Varying End Mass”, The Arabian Journal For Science And Engineering, v.29, s.1C, 27-38, 2004
2. Ankaralı, A., Kalyoncu, M., Botsalı, F. M., Şişman, T., “Mathematical Modeling And Simulation Of A Flexible Shaft-Flexible Link System With End Mass”, Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical System, V.10, N.3-4,187-200, 2004
3. Kalyoncu, M., Botsalı, F. M., “An analytical method for vibration analysis of elastic robot manipulator sliding in a translating prismatic joint”, S. Ü. Müh. Mim. Fak. Dergisi, Konya, c.14, s.1, 33-38, 1999.
4. Ankaralı, A., Kalyoncu, M., Botsalı, F. M., Şişman, T., “Mathematical Modelling Of A Flexible Shaft-Link System By Hamilton’s Prınciple”, S. Ü. Müh. Mim. Fak. Dergisi, Konya, c.17, s.2, 85-89, 2002.
5. Kalyoncu, M., Botsalı, F. M., “Effect of axial shortening on the vibration of elastic robot arm”, International Symposium, Second Turkish-German Joint Computer Application Days, Konya, 313-324, 15-16 October 1998.
6. Kalyoncu, M., Botsalı, F. M., “Lateral And Torsional Vibration Analysis Of Elastic Robot Manipulators With Prismatic Joint”, Proceedings of ETCE2002, ASME Engineering Technology Conference on Energy, Paper STRUC-29024, February 4-6, 2002, Houston, TX, USA, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Petroleum Division (Publication) PD, v 2, 2002, p 949-956
7. Kalyoncu, M., Ankaralı, A., Botsalı, F.M., Şişman, T., “Dynamic Modeling Of A Flexible Shaft-Link System With End Mass”, Proceedings of ESDA 2002: ESDA 2002 6th Biennial Conference On Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, Paper APM-107, July 8-11, 2002, İstanbul, TURKEY.
8. Mete KALYONCU, Mustafa TINKIR, Fuzzy Logic Control Of Structures Under Seismic Excitation, IMS'2006: 5th International Symposium On Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, Sakarya, Turkey May 29-31, 443-449, 2006
9. Mete KALYONCU, Mustafa TINKIR, Mathematical Model For Simulation And Control Of Nonlinear Vibration Of A Single Flexible Link, IMS'2006: 5th International Symposium On Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, Sakarya, Turkey, May 29-31, 435-442, 2006
10. Mete KALYONCU, Mustafa HAYDİM, Mustafa TINKIR, Position Control Of An Electrohydraulic Servo System Via Fuzzy Logic Approach, AMSE’06, International Conference On Modelling And Simulation (MS’06 Turkey), B121, 513-518, 28-30 August 2006.
11. Ümit ÖNEN, Fatih Mehmet BOTSALI, Mete KALYONCU, Dynamic Modelling And Vibration Analysis Of A Rigit - Flexible Robot Manipulator With Neural Network, AMSE’06, International Conference On Modelling And Simulation (MS’06 Turkey), B201, 157-161, 28-30 August 2006.
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, University of Selçuk
Thursday, October 4, 2007